Répertoire International de Littérature Musicale, Inc.
Last Updated: 20 September, 2021
In this policy, “RILM”, “we”, “us”, and “our” refer to Répertoire International de Littérature Musicale, Inc.
This policy applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of our Services users; in other words, where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data. We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide Services and to enable certain functions on this website. We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
Our website incorporates privacy controls that affect how we will process your personal data. By using the privacy controls, you can control the types of communications you receive from us and the methods by which you would like to be contacted.
RILM cannot guarantee that loss, misuse, or alteration of your information will not occur, but we have security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of information under our control. We protect your information from unauthorized access and disclosure through the use of passwords, encryption, physical security measures, and managerial measures.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect information that you submit such as your personal data and mailing list information. We also collect information through your account activity (if applicable), the servers used to operate the Services, cookies, and site analytics.
You can visit the Services without sharing personal data, but you will be required to provide personal data if you choose to use certain features, such as setting up an account. We will collect any personal data from or about you that you choose to submit to us, which may include:
- Your name
- Your institutional affiliation, job title, institution department, institution type, and institution full-time equivalent or description of population served, if applicable
- Your contact information, including email address
- A mailing and/or billing address
- Your telephone number(s)
- Information about your use of the website, which may include the sources you view and when you view them, how much time you spend on the website, and the search terms you use to locate resources
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address and related information, which may include:
- your Internet service provider (ISP)
- your approximate geographic location
- your browser type and operating system type
- the pages you access on the Services
- the web sites you access before and after visiting the Services
- the dates and times you access data and the length of time you spend on the website
- the route that you choose when clicking or navigating through our site (clickstream)
We may collect information while setting up your account, during your initial sign-on to access the Services, and when you respond to communications from us. We may use the information we collect:
- for our own internal records
- to contact you in response to a specific inquiry
- to communicate with you in connection with your account and use of the website
- to verify that you are a subscribing institution (if applicable)
- to analyze, develop, and improve the content, materials, products, and resources offered to you
- to send you promotional emails about RILM products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to compile such information as how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- identify whether you are logged into the website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- store your preferences for viewing and interacting with the website. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- analyze how you access and use the website. Usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- analyze our website traffic. We use this analysis to learn when and how users visit the Services, how popular Services pages are and aren’t, which search terms are used to find the Services, and which web sites direct you to the Services.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
In addition to the uses described above, RILM and its suppliers may use information to help us understand what you are looking for from the website, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use the information:
- for our own internal records.
- to improve the products and services we provide.
- to contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- to customize the website for you.
- to send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- to send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
How Can You Control Your Information?
RILM may collect and process your personal data to meet our legal, statutory, and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you, and we do not process your information in any way other than as specified in this notice.
RILM will not contact you with promotional offers or marketing communications without first obtaining your consent. Where you have consented to our providing you with such offers and communications, you are free to withdraw that consent at any time by using the Unsubscribe links at the bottom of emails, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also request a download of information associated with your account, request corrections to any information that is inaccurate, or invoke any of the other rights you have to manage your information by sending an email with your request to email@example.com. You may also manage these preferences by visiting the appropriate page on our web site to submit your request. The links to the forms to request to access, update, or delete your personal data are:
Request to Delete Personal Data
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to. If you are unsatisfied with RILM’s actions or wish to make a complaint, please see the GDPR Contact Information page for instructions.
Site Access from Outside the United States