Répertoire International de Littérature Musicale (RILM) publishes RILM Abstracts of Music Literature and RILM Retrospective Abstracts of Music Literature, widely recognized as the world’s most comprehensive abstracted bibliography on music and related disciplines for over 50 years, now with some 875,000 records. The database is fully searchable with in-depth vocabulary-controlled indexing and abstracts, and with titles given in both the original language and English translations.
RILM is currently aggressively expanding its product offerings, creating several digital publishing initiatives. These initiatives focus on extracting full-text data from publications such as journals and encyclopedias, targeting topics within RILM’s domain expertise. Key to these initiatives is integrating RILM’s existing unique bibliographic and related assets into the indexing and searching process.
- Software architecture and design
- Understand project requirements, and translate those requirements into architecture design and implementation
- Participate in all aspects of development team tasks, testing and support as appropriate
- Work closely with project team in an agile environment
- Participate in preparation of both technical and end-user documentation
- Participate organization-wide in all RILM development projects
- Assists the product and technology team with input across all projects
- Provide communication and recommendations to management and piers on best practices, consistency, and documentation
- Provide hands-on end user support where necessary
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or related work experience
- 3+ years experience in software development with experience in:
- XQuery, MarkLogic’s search features, and development platform
- NoSQL datastores like MarkLogic
- XML (XML, XPath, and XSLT)
- RESTful Web Services (using both XML and JSON)
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- The following qualifications are a plus
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with AWS or similar hosted platform
The successful candidate will have some experience in RILM’s domain area (libraries, academic publishing), or is willing to accept a steep learning curve. The successful candidate will also be willing and able to work in multiple development environments and frameworks, as well as to learn and provide leadership in new environments.
Hours: Full-time, exempt. RILM’s official work week is 35 hours, but time requirements fluctuate with projects, and more than 35 hours each week is common. Some travel is likely.
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Benefits: RILM offers an excellent benefits package that includes health insurance, dental and vision coverage, paid vacation time, 403(b) and defined contribution retirement plans, educational assistance, and a team-oriented environment.
Please send cover letter and CV to email@example.com