Wednesday, March 30, 2022
This is an invitation to submit a proposal for a paper focused on Ukraine, to be part of the RILM session “Bibliography as a Tool of Cultural Preservation” at the 2022 IAML Congress in Prague (24–29 July 2022).
RILM welcomes proposals on subjects related to the following topics:
- Coverage of Ukraine-related topics in music periodicals, such as Советская музыка/Музыкальная академия, during and after the Soviet era
- Preservation of music resources and collections in Ukraine during times of change and crisis
- Ukrainian music bibliography, cataloging and classification, digital resources in an international context
Please submit a proposal by email, with title and an abstract of no more than 250 words, and include contact information (address, phone, and email) before Monday, 25 April 2022. Attn: Jadranka Važanová at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notifications regarding the proposals will be sent by the first week of May.
Wednesday, March 23, 2022
Deputy Executive Director Tina Frühauf will participate in the 9th annual meeting of the European Platform for Artistic Research in Music (EPARM), held at the Royal Academy of Music in London, UK, from 7 to 9 April 2022. The theme of this year’s meeting is “The artistry of artistic research”. On Thursday, 7 April 2022, from 1:30 to 2:30 pm GMT, Dr. Frühauf will give a pre-conference workshop on “RILM as a platform for artistic research” in the Henry Wood Room. Dr. Frühauf will be available throughout the conference to meet with attendees to discuss how AEC’s mission intersects with RILM’s resources, which offer a wealth of information relevant to artistic researchers. For an appointment ahead of time, please contact Tina Frühauf at email@example.com. For further details on the meeting, visit the conference website.
Wednesday, March 23, 2022
This summer, RILM will add nine more titles to its full-text journal collection. The new titles are:
- Aspekty muzyki. Gdańsk: Akademia Muzyczna im. Stanisława Moniuszki, 2011–. ISSN 2082-6044
- Ad Parnassum: A journal of eighteenth- and nineteenth-century instrumental music. Bologna: Ut Orpheus, 2003–. ISSN 1722-3954
- Feedback papers and Feedback papers: Weltmusik. Köln: Feedback-Studio, 1971–2009. ISSN 0000-0000
- Informazione organistica: Rivista della Fondazione Accademia di Musica Italiana per Organo. Pistoia: Accademia di Musica Italiana per Organo, 1989–2019. ISSN 1724-4315
- Journal of the Arnold Schoenberg Institute. Los Angeles: University of Southern California – Arnold Schoenberg Institute. 1978–1996. ISSN 0146-5856
- Journal of Czech and Slovak music: The journal of the Dvořák Society. Newcastle-under-Lyme: Dvořák Society for Czech and Slovak Music, 1974–. ISSN 2515-6292
- Music therapy today. World Federation of Music Therapy, 2001–2007, 2011–. EISSN 1610-191X
- Музыкальная академия [Muzykal’naâ akademiâ/Music academy]. Moskva: Kompozitor, 1933–. ISSN 0869-4516 and EISSN 0131–2383
- Neuma: Revista de música y docencia musical. Talca: Universidad de Talca, 2008–. ISSN 0718-7017 and EISSN 0719-5389
With the addition of these titles, RILM Abstracts augments its coverage and the depth of its full-text enhancement.
RILM Abstracts of Music Literature with Full Text is a comprehensive bibliography of writings on music, featuring citations, abstracts, and indexes. It covers over one million publications from the early 19th century to the present on traditional music, popular music, jazz, classical music, and related subjects, enhanced with full text.
If you do not already subscribe to RILM Abstracts with Full Text, get in touch with your EBSCO sales representative, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, March 03, 2022
RILM seeks to fill an Associate Editor position in its International Office in New York City. The successful candidate will be responsible for abstracting and indexing scholarship published Japanese and Korean, making sure that they are fully and accurately represented in RILM Abstracts.
For a detailed job description, including duties and qualifications, and to apply for the position, visit the Job Openings website of the Research Foundation of CUNY.
Tuesday, March 01, 2022
This year we are offering many ways for the MLA community to connect with us virtually during the conference of 2–6 March and thereafter. Full details can be found on our conference website, https://www.rilm.org/mla2022/.
Stop by our virtual booth (hosted on Remo)
Whether you’re looking to expand the digital resources of your library, or provide your patrons with further information, we help you identify and use our full-text products that best suit your needs.
- Access the full text, cover to cover, of 260 journals with RILM Abstracts of Music Literature with Full Text
- Open an entire virtual reference shelf with RILM Music Encyclopedias
- Command authoritative knowledge with MGG Online
- Discover hard-to-find, open-access scores with the Index to Printed Music
We are available to chat during Exhibitor Breaks and Exhibitor Spotlights.
Get a one-on-one consultation
Visit our website to book a meeting time with one of our RILM staffers to discuss your library’s specific needs.
Try out RILM’s resources
To get a special 7-day trial just for MLA attendees, visit the conference website.