Wednesday, March 31, 2021
RILM and EBSCO invite you to take part in the free webinar “Think Music & Beyond: Interdisciplinary Research in the Age of Full Text”. This webinar is part of EBSCO’s Inspired Webinar Series, which explores research challenges unique to each field of study and solutions which can commence in the library.
This session will focus on RILM Abstracts with Full Text and RILM Music Encyclopedias, two resources with full text that are widely used by researchers active in ethno/musicology and the performing arts, but in light of their scope are relevant for researchers in a variety of disciplines of the humanities and social sciences. We will learn from Tina Frühauf, Ph.D., a musicologist and editor, how RILM’s resources support interdisciplinary research.
Presented by: RILM, EBSCO, and Library Journal
Event Date and Time: Wednesday, 7 April 2021 | 2:00-3:00 PM ET, 11:00 AM-12:00 PM PT
The event is free, advance registration is required.
Wednesday, March 17, 2021
This summer, RILM Abstracts of Music Literature with Full Text will add eleven more titles to its full-text journal collection. The new titles are:
- Bašćinski glasi: Južnohrvatski etnomuzikološki godišnjak. Omiš: Festival Dalmatinskih Klapa, 1991–. ISSN 1330-1128 and eISSN 2584-4059
- BIOS: Journal of the British Institute of Organ Studies. Oxford: Positif Press, 1977–. ISSN 0141-4992
- Circuit: Musiques contemporaines. Montréal: Circuit: Musiques contemporaines, 1990–. ISSN 1183-1693 and eISSN 1488-9692
- Cuadernos de investigación musical. Ciudad Real: Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha / Centro de Investigación y Documentación Musical (CIDoM), 2016–. ISSN 2530-6847
- KunstMusik: Schriften zur Musik als Kunst. Köln: Maria de Alvear World Edition, 2003–. ISSN 1612-6173
- Nordic sounds. København: Dansk Musik Informations Center (MIC), 1982–2006. ISSN 0108-2914
- La revue [arabe] des sciences de l’education musicale / Mağallaẗ ‘ulūm al-tarbīyyaẗ al-mūsīqīyyaẗ / مجلّة علوم التربية الموسيقيّة. Hadath–Baabda: Éditions de l’Université Antonine, 2017–. ISSN 2523-0778
- Musicology and cultural science. Tblisi: Sakartvelos Teknikuri Universiteti/Georgian Technical University, 2005–. ISSN 1512-2018
- Musiktherapeutische Umschau: Forschung und Praxis der Musiktherapie. Göttingen: Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, 1980–. ISSN 0172-5505 and eISSN 2196-8764
- Seiltanz: Beiträge zur Musik der Gegenwart. Berlin: Edition Klein, 2010–. ISSN 2191-0499
- Tehnologii informatice şi de comunicaţie în domeniul muzical/Information and communication technologies in the musical field. Cluj-Napoca: Editura MediaMusica, 2010–. ISSN 2067-9408 and eISSN 2069-654X
For more information on RILM Abstract of Music Literature with Full Text, visit https://www.rilm.org/abstracts/.
For inquiries and suggestions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, February 24, 2021
RILM – Think Theater!
This year we are offering many ways for the MLA and TLA communities to connect with us virtually. Full details can be found on our conference website, rilm.org/mlatla2021.
Get a one-on-one consultation
Visit our website to book a meeting time with one of our RILM staffers to discuss your specific needs.
Try out RILM’s resources
To get a special 7-day trial just for MLA / TLA attendees, visit our conference website.
Attend our presentations
Zoom in, learn, ask questions, share your thoughts. Each day during the exhibit hour, RILM will host mini-presentations that spotlight our different resources. Join us to learn what’s new and to chat with our product coordinators.
RILM 101 (1 March, 2:30-3:00pm EST)
Spotlight on RILM Music Encyclopedias and Q&A (2 March, 4:00-4:30pm EST)
Spotlight on MGG Online and Q&A (3 March, 4:00-4:30pm EST)
Spotlight on RILM Abstracts with Full Text and Q&A (4 March, 2:00-2:30pm EST)
Spotlight on Index to Printed Music and Q&A (5 March, 3:30-4:00pm EST)
For detailed information, visit rilm.org/mlatla2021.
Tuesday, January 05, 2021
Three works have joined the continuously expanding collection of historical and current titles, RILM Music Encyclopedias:
- Richard Carlin. Country music: A biographical dictionary. New York: Routledge, 2013. xvii, 497 p.
- Gabriel Pareyón. Diccionario enciclopédico de música en México. 2 vols. Zapopan: Universidad Panamericana, 2006–2007. 2 vols., 1133p.
- Jaimie Vernon. Canadian pop music encyclopedia. Scarborough, ON: Bullseye Canada, 2020. 2 vols. 429, 457 p.
With the addition of these titles, centered around the subject of North America, RILM Music Encyclopedias augments its coverage and depth.
RILM Music Encyclopedias can be accessed via EBSCOhost and, as of recently, on RILM’s platform Egret at rme.rilm.org.
For further information, please email email@example.com