In early January 2019, RILM Music Encyclopedias has added five seminal works to its collection of historical and current titles, bringing the total to 54:
- Domingo Prat. Diccionario biográfico – bibliográfico – histórico – crítico de guitarras (instrumentos afines), guitarristas (profesores – compositores – concertistas – lahudistas – amateurs), guitarreros (luthiers) – Danzas y cantos – terminología. Buenos Aires: Romero y Fernández, 1934.
- Hortense Panum. The Stringed Instruments of the Middle Ages: Their Evolution and Development. Translated and edited by Jeffrey Pulver. London: William Reeves, [1939 or 1940].
- Sibyl Marcuse. Musical Instruments: A Comprehensive Dictionary. New York: Doubleday, 1964.
- Curt Sachs. Real-Lexikon der Musikinstrumente, zugleich ein Polyglossar für das gesamte Instrumentengebiet. New York: Dover Publications, 1964.
- Sibyl Marcuse. A Survey of Musical Instruments. New York: Harper & Row, 1975.
With the addition of these titles, RILM Music Encyclopedias augments its coverage and depth, adding titles that are specifically focused on musical instruments.
RILM Music Encyclopedias is the continuously expanding global online repository of music encyclopedias and dictionaries designed to meet the teaching, learning, and research needs of the international music community. In addition to quarterly updates and revisions, including additions to Komponisten der Gegenwart, the repository broadens its coverage annually. For more information, visit rilm.org/encyclopedias rilm.org/encyclopedias.
If you do not already subscribe to RILM Music Encyclopedias via EBSCOhost®, request a trial and email your EBSCO Sales Representative at email@example.com.