• Keying and uploading of new entries into the RILM database; classifying each entry according to general musical topics.
• Checking each bibliographic detail for accuracy and consistency, and ensuring that RILM’s bibliographic and style rules are followed.
• Some editing of abstracts according to RILM style.
• Verifying new entries against the RILM database and other bibliographic sources, including OCLC’s WorldCat where applicable.
• Proofreading and other office duties as needed.
• Interpret bibliographic data, sometimes quite limited, to determine a specific publication, sound recording, electronic resource, etc., and accurately enter that publication into the RILM database.
Background and qualifications: The candidate for this position must have a solid knowledge of music, strong written English skills, and a keen eye for bibliographic detail. Previous experience with iBis and bibliographic databases and a familiarity with Spanish, or other languages in addition to English, are significant plusses. Strong organizational skills, experience with computers (particularly databases and word processing), and the ability to work independently, but also with many diverse personalities in close proximity, is important.
Hours: 20 hours per week would be optimal.
Application materials may be submitted to:
RILM International Center
365 Fifth Ave., Suite 3108
New York, NY 10016-4309
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act/Veterans Status/E Verify Employer